Tuesday, March 9, 2010

MY BLOGAZINE GUEST IS DONNA

My guest today is Donna from Brynwood Needleworks. Your going to love her just as I do!











Greetings to all of Maggie’s friends! Don’t you just love this gal? I sure do! Thank you, Maggie, for inviting me to join you in your “blogazine” this week. I consider it quite an honor to be included!



My name is Donna Liljegren and I am Brynwood Needleworks. No employees, no elves,no magic wand. Just me.



I owned a needlework shop (Stitches) and a design business (the original incarnation of Brynwood Needleworks) in Wisconsin in the 1980's and 1990's. At that time, my husband (Handsome) and I lived in Campbellsport, WI.



We have been living in Florida since 2001, and Brynwood Needleworks has evolved from the cross stitch design business of old into my new creative business and blog. I’m in love with the needlearts in all forms…and I love blogging - usually posting a daily update.



 I’ve been sewing since I was about twelve years old, and I enjoy making quilts,handbags, garments and even christening and wedding gowns. In 2008, I dressed my eldest niece (who is also my goddaughter) and her attendants in their wedding attire. I’m making another wedding gown this month, and can’t wait to reveal wedding photographs of the bride wearing her gown.



 I also knit, crochet, embroider, needlepoint, and occasionally make jewelry. There is no such thing as “bored” in my house!



 When I’m not in the studio, Handsome and I roll out our Harleys and ride. We share our home with my twelve year old yellow Labrador retriever, Kes, who is the last of ourbreeding bloodlines, after nearly thirty years of raising and training hunting retrievers.(Perhaps it’s time to get her a little brother to keep her company?)



My favorite quote is from William Rutherford, “The way to use life is to do something that outlasts it.” I try every day, whether I’m creating, blogging or otherwise living my life, to live up to that quote.



Thanks again, Maggie for inviting me to tell my abridged story over here at Just Between Me and You. Stop in and visit me at http://brynwoodneedleworks.blogspot.com/. There’s always a cup of tea, conversation and some south Florida hospitality waiting for you there.



You are so welcome Donna and thank you for writing this for all of us to enjoy. Ladies I have been following Donna for a while now and for the life of me I just can not picture this beautiful dainty lady on a Harley!  Isn't she lovely and her site is too.



Sorry Donna I just had to borrow this picture off of your site!


My next story comes from another lovely blogger Frenchy and you will love her as well.



Remember to email me if you want to tell me your story!  We all have a story to tell so share yours with us! As you know I am still trying out names for these stories....my magazine....lol....anyway when Donna sent me her story she said this is for your Blogazine so I am trying it out. 



I had to call in sick the last two days and I know they think it was because of the PJ incident..lol....and you guys think its because of Roy....but the real reason is bad headaches....I got hurt at work a while back (another really crazy story) and its the same kind of headaches I had then but it could be from not being use to the tractor and all the bouncing around (on the tractor not with Roy) hahaha  Girl friends if there was a Roy out here that looked like him who would have time to blog!!!!



Send your stories to grandmayellowhair@gmail.com



Love to all

Maggie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts