Friday, July 23, 2010

Can You Wash An Electric Blanket?

Photobucket





Okay my friends that is a question I have wanted to ask you since last April. The reason I am asking now is because Yes it looks I am going to be needing a way to stay warm this winter because both of my surgeries results were God sent because all of your prayers. The first thing I saw when I woke up was my sister-in-law Linda and then the doctor walked in and asks me. “What do you want to be when you grow up?” You’re good on both ends and there were no polyps! I have scar tissues in my throat from not being able to swallow for a while but otherwise good. YEP you read it right! All is Good!



I cried from happiness and praised God for all of our prayers being answered. Saying Thank you does not ever seem enough for all that you do for me. It is time for another Thank you giveaway and I am working on it now and will let you know in a few days what it will be.



Your comments were helpful about having a colonoscopy and don’t think for a minute I did not read each every one of them and appreciated all the advice. So if anyone ever wants me to leave a comment about my experience I would have to say it would read something like this :

Go to the store and buy these products to save yourself a lot of pain and aggravation. You will need a big jar of petroleum jelly or Vaseline and the biggest box of Depends on the shelf and the twenty-four pack of toilet tissue. Softest money can buy!



Now then you will be ready for the night of horror. Read the instructions carefully on the kit and two hours after taking the two pills be ready to Run like Hell! Yep it totally happens without any notice and that’s where the Depends would have come in handy.



Then two hours later you’re drinking the mix that will make you think that you were a dang fool for agreeing to such punishment. Several hours after your drink from hell then you guessed it is time again to run like hell. Once again Depends are needed.



Oh and then several hours into the running you might just throw your guts up. This does not happen to everyone but it can and does happen. I was one of the lucky ones.



By the next morning you will figure out why I told you about the Vaseline. Also don’t fool yourself into thinking this running only last a few hours. Nope mine lasted until they wheeled me into surgery. Oh and if you think the running stops after surgery take my word for it It Don’t! haha

So much for my comment….its all over and I am so ready for the next chapter in my life.



Oh and I know the question you all are waiting for me to answer was my doctor a Penguin or a McDreamy? I was hoping for a in between but he was more of a young Clint Eastwood and his bedside manner was all this ole lady could of hoped for. We got to talking and I asked him if he was married. I know how could I but I am one of those crazy mothers looking for Mr. Right for her daughter. He laughed and asked,”Why?” I laughed and told him and he said,”Oh I thought maybe you were wondering if I was like the doctor in Something’s Got to Give and I go for older women. Of course everyone laughed then and I was beet red….then I said, “A girl can dream can’t she?”



The anesthesologistt suggested that they not put me under so we could laugh some more but I insisted I was through with crazy questions and the next thing I knew it was sweet dreams.



I truly believe with all my heart without you I could not have made it through these past three months.

God has given me a gift today and I hope to give one back to him. I have a chance to get to know all of you better and to keep writing silly post.



So my answer to his question What Do I want to be when I grow up would be a better mother, mother-in-law, grandmother and friend to all of you.



And now Can You Wash An Electric Blanket?



“It seems to me that trying to live without friends is like milking a bear to get cream for your morning coffee. It is a whole lot of trouble, and then not worth much after you get it.”……Zora Hurston







Sweet Dreams,



Maggie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts