Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!

This is how I want to think of you on this Fourth of July. Sitting with your best friends or families and laughing about everything!









My hope for all of you is to have a very safe 4th full of whatever you enjoy doing and that we all take the time to remember our troops fighting today and everyday for our freedom and the pursuit of happiness. With out them there would be no celebrations.



Can you imagine the courage it took to be one of the signers of The Declaration of Independence knowing that putting their signature on that document was treason and could cost them their lives?



I am just as in awe of our young women and men in the Arm Forces putting their lives in danger every day for us. What courage our brave country men have always shown from 1776 to the present 2010.







This will be a quiet day of celebration for me but that’s okay. Before my fall I was asked to ride in the local parade in Round Top in a 1959 Cadillac Convertible and throw candy to the kids but my back keeps me still at home resting. I would love to spend it with my children but their not coming down so if Tinkerbell will let me I will tie a flag to her tail and let her parade up and down the porch. Could you just imagine that happening. Chances of that are like me and this handsome fellow below taking off for a ride tomorrow!









Pray for Our Nation!







Maggie



PS  I never can think of a parade without thinking of the movie where Ferris Bueller is singing this song in a parade.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts