Monday, August 23, 2010

Dan and Kaci's Ideas for my Kitchen!



Take a look at the fabric Kaci, my granddaughter, found that she liked for my kitchen!


Hello everyone,
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and stayed as cool as possible in these triple diget tempertures.
It has been over three months since my accident so this was the first weekend I was able to drive to Austin to see my son and his family. Three months without kisses from your grand babies is just a little much to handle.
Made the trip there fine! Except for a lot of pain but still l enjoyed my trip. Hopefully tonight I can do a post about it.


Today I wanted to share with you a email that Dan from Yesterday Once More sent me. He is just the sweetest guy out here in our blog world and he agreed to Tweak my small country kitchen.

Maggie,

I bet you had given up on hearing from me, but this is the e-mail you have been waiting on. Now that you are feeling better maybe you will feel like doing a little tweaking. These are the ideas I have for your kitchen...some are easy and some are not. You can choose which ones you would like to tackle.



* 1950's Theme



* Make a curtain for under the cabinets and window above the sink that is reminiscent of the 1950's pick material with pastel colors.



* Fill Toms jar with peanuts in the shell



* Paint red walls yellow



* Hang a wreath on pantry door to add color



* Leave all the walls that are white white



* Group collections together for bigger impact...especially black figures...they could be grouped on top of glass cabinet or on corner white cabinet.



* Hang old family pictures preferable from the 1950's on the wall coming down the stairs



* Display collection of crocks, if possible, on the stairs...one on each stair



* Paint a runner coming down the stairs or stencil a pattern of your choice on the stairs.



* Good accent colors to the yellow are pastels and reds it goes well with all those colors.



If you have any questions, let me know and I will help you in any way I can. If I think of something else you can do, I will let you know.



I am so glad that you are feeling better and that all of your tests came back normal. I haven't been able to visit your blog as often as I like. This summer has been crazy. When school starts I will have more time...I hope.

I think of you often and pray that you will be back to work soon.

Take care and don't work too hard!

Love,



~Dan~

Dan Weaver



Contributing Writer

A Primitive Place Magazine

A Primitive Place, LLC

http://www.aprimitiveplace.org/



I love these ideas and can not wait til I can get started. Not sure about Kaci's fabric because Dan mentioned pastels so I will probably keep looking. I have to say though Kaci for 8 has a good eye for decorating.



Go to this link Dan Is Tweaking Me! to read the post I did in June about my kitchen. Here is one picture of my tiny kitchen.



Have a great day everyone.

Love to all

Maggie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts