Monday, August 23, 2010
Today I wanted to share with you a email that Dan from Yesterday Once More sent me. He is just the sweetest guy out here in our blog world and he agreed to Tweak my small country kitchen.
I bet you had given up on hearing from me, but this is the e-mail you have been waiting on. Now that you are feeling better maybe you will feel like doing a little tweaking. These are the ideas I have for your kitchen...some are easy and some are not. You can choose which ones you would like to tackle.
* 1950's Theme
* Make a curtain for under the cabinets and window above the sink that is reminiscent of the 1950's pick material with pastel colors.
* Fill Toms jar with peanuts in the shell
* Paint red walls yellow
* Hang a wreath on pantry door to add color
* Leave all the walls that are white white
* Group collections together for bigger impact...especially black figures...they could be grouped on top of glass cabinet or on corner white cabinet.
* Hang old family pictures preferable from the 1950's on the wall coming down the stairs
* Display collection of crocks, if possible, on the stairs...one on each stair
* Paint a runner coming down the stairs or stencil a pattern of your choice on the stairs.
* Good accent colors to the yellow are pastels and reds it goes well with all those colors.
If you have any questions, let me know and I will help you in any way I can. If I think of something else you can do, I will let you know.
I am so glad that you are feeling better and that all of your tests came back normal. I haven't been able to visit your blog as often as I like. This summer has been crazy. When school starts I will have more time...I hope.
I think of you often and pray that you will be back to work soon.
Take care and don't work too hard!
A Primitive Place Magazine
A Primitive Place, LLC
I love these ideas and can not wait til I can get started. Not sure about Kaci's fabric because Dan mentioned pastels so I will probably keep looking. I have to say though Kaci for 8 has a good eye for decorating.
Have a great day everyone.
Love to all
Posted by Lidya Endzo Kun iLLa at 9:22 AM
Brrrrr it's cold outside.....I know I live in the South so what do I know about cold. But right now I am wrapped up in a quilt with a c...
I thought for my next post about aging we would discuss the mind! This morning I have to finish the burning of the barn and other chores b...
Cadillac Converj is a vision of what luxury version of the Chevy Volt may be, and it looks good. Using the same Voltec extended range elect...
Well by this time all the running around looking for that perfect gift is probably over for most of us. In the end after weeks of worrying w...
Glad you came over for a visit because Tinkerbell and I have a few things to share with you tonight. This is a picture I took of her a fe...
Gosh I have missed you! Christmas was wonderful and thoughts of you were often. I was praying that you were enjoying your day as much as I e...
Marydon at Blushing Rose is my next guest here to tell us her story. I love sharing all these lovely ladies with you and from your precio...
Can you believe it is already Sunday night! Where oh where has this past week gone to. I had promised you that I would show you what...
And now let us welcome the New Year Full of things that have never been. -Rainer Maria Ri...
I owe you an explanation for the previous post. I sat down at the computer trying my best to do a post about what had happened over the wee...