Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What Would You Have Done?





What’s going on in your world today? Is this not the hottest summer ever? Days like today make me wish I still lived on the beach and could just go jump into the waves. The way my luck has been running though I would probably meet up with a jelly fish or Mr. Undertow himself might be lurking waiting on me.



Today is supposed to be my last day of pool therapy but since I called in sick last week they might make me make those days up. I am hoping not because seeing me in a bathing suit is like watching a rerun of  Lucy and Ethel and I am Ethel. Anyway you get the picture. I will spare you the visual tour this morning.



My question for you today is what would you have done in this situation? When I first arrived for my pool therapy yesterday the young instructors of course made little comments for all to hear about me skipping last week. I had nothing to hide so I just told the truth that I had been sick for over a week and was not sure if what I had was catching so I did not want to get in the pool with everyone and spread my germs. They seemed appreciative of that and we did our hour of exercise. Upon leaving the pool an elderly lady (well older than me) stepped in front of me to climb the steps out of the pool. I thought nothing of it because I would of let her go in front of me anyway. Well Lord help us all she takes a step up on the first step and lets out the loudest fart this side of Houston. Then before I could hold my breath she does another on the next step. Good gosh I honestly did not know what to do because I was thinking everyone probably thought it was me because I was the one talking about being sick. Then before I knew it she was popping out farts like a bag of popcorn. Now besides being terribly embarrassed for her I was about ready to pass out from the smell. I just stopped on the second step and froze for a minute not wanting to turn and look at the others.



After all the popping stopped I guess it was over with because then she walked over to her towel and left the room. She never once stopped and took credit for what she was doing. Haha If only Scarlet would have turned to me and said, “Excuse me or something!” but no not a word. I still don’t know if the others in the pool knew it was not me or not. So now in a few hours I have to return to the scene of the crime.



As you can see I have no life now. I am writing post about elderly women forting while leaving the pool. I know what your thinking jeezzzz Mags what has happened to you.



Now that’s a question for another post. I am going stir crazy so I should enjoy my trips to the pool even though every time I walk in the room I think I am an extra in the movie Cocoon.



Ok has every one entered the CSN giveaway on my previous post? You know seventy dollars will get you something nice at their stores. I only wish I could enter it. Haha



Well guess I should get off here and get my big butt in that small bathing suit. I swear that thing has shrunk in just this short time.



No word from the Sheriff about me coming back part time so I guess it will be after my pain management sessions which are what they have me scheduled for after the pool therapy. Who knows anything about pain management and what all is involved with that?  Also could use some advice about workmans comp just email me if you have any. lol



Yesterday at the post office the Post Master of our tiny little post office told me her husband was thrown off his horse two days ago and broke 6 of his vertebras and here I was crying over two. I told her honey you had better be patient with that poor guy because I know it will be a long road for him before recovery. They told him the very same thing nothing can be done for you but lots of bed rest. Poor guy!



Okay I promise I will get a life and start writing again

Love to all

Maggie



Here is a great smoothie that I like!



Berry Pineapple Smoothie





•1 can (20 oz.) DOLE® Crushed Pineapple, (undrained)

•1 cup vanilla nonfat yogurt

•1 medium, ripe DOLE Banana, quartered

•1 cup DOLE Pineapple Juice

•1/2 cup DOLE Fresh Frozen Strawberries or



•Raspberries



•1/2 cup ice cubes

Directions



Combine crushed pineapple, yogurt, banana, pineapple juice, strawberries and ice cubes in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth. Garnish with strawberry and banana slice, if desired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts