Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Who's The Idiot?



Good morning to you! The question I am asking myself today after my doctors visit yesterday. Who’s the Idiot?



Sit back and drink something soothing while I bore you with my version of my doctor’s appointment yesterday and show you more pictures of my place to meditate the Round Top Library. I somehow manage to get there fifteen minutes early which always seems to please them and find a seat close to the door. It was the only one far away from those that were coughing and looking like they needed to be in bed.

I sit there wanting to scratch my breast so bad that if I told you how close I came to being a redneck it would shock you. You see if you’re a faithful reader of mine you would know that I am there because of a rash on the left boob and I am concerned it could be something serious. Like Inflammatory Breast Cancer. (Please read post before this one to catch up) Seriously if you have not read it please do it could save someone’s life.





Turns out I sit there over an hour and I finally ask the young little receptionist why everyone and their brother keeps going in to see someone even when they came in thirty minutes after me. She of course looked like I had asked her if the doctor had herpes or something close and then says to me. “Well did you sign in today?” I said, “NO honey I signed last week about this time and am still sitting here itching like a have been rolling in the hay sack with your doctor whom I came here to see sometime before the sun goes down!” Well maybe I did not say all that but the little sweet thing goes and looks at the sign in sheet to check if I am lying. Does not even do it discretely…no checks it right in front of me. Satisfied I was not lying to her she starts looking for my folder. Finds it on her side of the counter where she had been playing for the last hour and explains to everyone I don’t know how this happened but here’s your folder. Sorry I will get you in as soon as possible.



I go back and sit down and came so close to scratching it right in front of everyone but thought no you can do this be strong...just wait until your by yourself.







Finally I am in the examining room and I grab my top button and jerk it nearly off trying to get to my poor breast and in walks the doctor. Fastest he has ever come in after I sit down. I explain to him why I am playing with myself and he pulls back the blouse just enough to see a half inch of my breast and says it’s only a rash I will give you some cream. I then tell him what I had read on the internet about Inflammatory Breast Cancer and he say’s “You need to stay off the internet it is just a rash!”



I could tell the man never heard of this type of Breast Cancer and further more did not want to learn about it either. He wants to know when I had my last mammogram and says he will schedule me another one. I explain to him that with this type of Breast Cancer it does not show up in a mammogram because the warning signs are itching and redness. Completely ignores me. I am desperately explaining to this man by now I am calling an idiot to myself that this was the breast I had cancer in years ago. He then asks if my cancer then was Inflammatory Breast Cancer and I said No it was a lump. He puts his hands on my knees and looks at me like the idiot he is and says “It is very unlikely that you could have in your life time two different kinds of breast cancer in the same area!”





Long story short it is time to find a new doctor. I am supposed to apply this cream twice a day and in three days I will see the rash going away. Also be sure and follow up with a mammogram.



So this morning I am sitting here with all kinds of thoughts running through my head and one of them is where have all the good doctors gone too. What has happened to our world? I think I could take a stranger off the street and give him ten dollars instead of twenty five and get a better diagnosis than I got yesterday. Give me a break! 





I even told him I had a cousin die of this kind of breast cancer and she was in her thirties.  Did not matter to him this is a RASH plain and simple. He had better hope for his sake that he is right!



Wish I could of wrote all the thoughts I had about this doctor on the way home yesterday but then they would of put my site in the X-rated blogs and you would never find me. Hahaha



Another beautiful day here so I am sharing some more pictures of the gardens at the Round Top Library which is about ten miles from where I live. Of course out here I am ten miles from everything in any direction.









Maybe I should go print me out a doctor’s certificate hang it on the porch and open for business. Who knows how many people would drive off with the same question Who’s the Idiot me or the doctor?



Guess I will give this cream a few days but I am still looking for a new doctor. Can not do pool therapy today so they told me to come in for land therapy. Good grief now what are they going to do with my old body. hahaha







Love to all

Maggie

I went wild the last time I sat outside in the Librarys gardens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts