Tuesday, October 5, 2010

You Ain't Woman Enough To Take My Man!

I hope you are having the weather that I am having here at the North forty.



The mornings have been so cool that I have to turn on the heat just to get the chill out of the ole farm house. It is actually colder inside than out. Not looking forward to another cold winter but who am I to complain I live in Texas not in our Northern States where you are hit really hard.





Loretta's Home


Speaking of other states I fell in love with Tennessee all over again and of course Arkansas and lets not forget Mississippi. When my friend/landlady was kind enough to take me to my cousin’s funeral we kept driving because she had tickets to see Loretta Lynn’s last concert at her ranch in Hurricane Mills, Tenn. I got the okay from my pain management doctor and he agreed only because of us traveling in a RV. If I had not been able to lay down a lot I would of never been able to make the trip.



Betty Sue on left...Barb on right




It was a very fast trip up there and back since I have pool therapy twice a week and my pain management appointments.







Hurricane Mills is about sixty miles from Nashville and it is all about Loretta Lynn. In fact she owns the little town and there she has her home that sits on 3600 hundred acres and where she also has a RV camp and concert pavilion. My friend Barbara and Loretta’s daughter are friends so I took a great picture of the two of them at Betty’s shop.





I was actually quite surprised at how wonderful the concert was since Loretta is seventy five years old. She sang the first two songs standing up and after that she sat down and entertained the rest of the evening. Her voice is still awesome as ever and the crowd loved her. In between songs other family members would sing when Loretta was not telling us stories about her life.



This is a gift shop in the small town Loretta owns. It is an old mill that sits on the water running through her place.




One story in particular she told made me spit my Dr Pepper on the guy in front of me. The reason being is it showed me that she also has a Ms. Pearl inside of her and regardless if she is standing in front of thousands of people she still did not hold back not even a little bit. It was a story about a woman trying to steal her husband Mooney. Now Mooney has been dead over 14 years but when Loretta told this story you could see the facial features of her change to real anger. She told us that once upon a time a woman by the name of Ann Dunn was from that little town and while Loretta was out on the road this gal tried to take her man. Now let me tell you she did not mince any words when it came to this woman. She said she was a no good whore and was now living in Florida doing the same thing. What got me was the fact she repeated her name several times for the entire world to hear. Loretta then pointed to the audience and said, ”I know some of you out here know her and I know some of you in the audience are kin to her but makes no difference to me you all need to know what kind of woman she is.”







I was speechless and Barbara and I were looking at each other in disbelief. She certainly has a lot of anger and hate for this Ann Dunn. Then to top it off she sang her hit You Ain’t Woman Enough to Take My Man. Hahaha Brought the house down and a standing ovation.







Her ranch is absolutely beautiful and the leaves were just starting to change colors. If only it could have been a week or two later I would have been in heaven seeing the leaves. If you ever in that part of the country you should stop by and tell her hello. Very down to earth and still a lovely woman. But be careful if your name happens to be Ann Dunn. Haha Seventy-five or not I have a feeling that woman could do some serious stomping on that other woman. It goes to show even the best of us have a Ms. Pearl hidden somewhere inside of us.

Back view of her ranch when your leaving Hurricane Mills.




My camera batteries died on me during the concert so I am waiting on pictures from Barbara of Loretta in her red evening dress looking so pretty.



I talked to my darling Kaci for five minutes last night and tonight we are going to try and use Skype so we can make faces at each other while we talk. I hope she does not forget to call me so we can catch up. Also I can visit with my little Bailey too and see what mischief he has been into at school. Kaci did tell me she had to get glasses now so she could see the black board. I told her to be sure and wear them for me when we Skype. If you have not tried Skype.com you really should. It is free and you can talk to your grandbabies while watching them dancing around the room entertaining their grandma. Kaci told me that she was excited that my oldest son Chad moved back to Austin this week and now everyone was in Austin except her Grandmayellowhair. She then told me that everytime she sees a house for sale she will tell me about it. Let me tell you I just wanted to cry because how I would love to live closer to that darling and help her with her diabetes. Knowing that I can not afford to live in Austin right now makes me want to do some good ole stomping myself on someone. Lol







Gary completed his first round of chemo and was sick on the way home last night from MD Anderson. He is going to be worn out traveling back and forth for 15 weeks but with all your prayers he will make it.







Things here on the ranch are crazy because everything is breaking down at the same time. I know you understand how that is because when it rains it pours.







Still no word from Alan! I guess the poor fool got his panties in a wad too. Your comments were again priceless and I love you and your comments.



Love to all

Maggie

One of her ducks walking around. I wanted to bring it back to the north forty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts