Friday, January 7, 2011

Highway To Hell!

Walking up to the Chapel...
Massive Old Organ in front of the Chapel..
Stained Glass Windows On Each Side of Chapel.....


Back of Chapel near where you come inside...Notice the old painted ceiling...


Back Wall of Chapel .....


Circular Staircase going to Balcony.....
Sitting upstairs looking down into the Chapel...There are two of these Chandeliers...


This Chapel sits on the Festival Hill grounds located in Round Top. Today Gretchen and I were lucky enough to do our writing in this lovely chapel. As I have mentioned in earlier post Gretchen moved out here on the ranch in the pink house that sits behind mine and she is a writer.


Getting to know Gretchen has been one of the highlights of 2010. She has inspired me to pick up the pen again and finish my book that I had started years ago. Who could not be inspired by her and this lovely chapel.


About an hour into our writing we heard this really loud music that sounded like it was coming from a boom box outside. If only you could of seen the look on our faces. We both had the what the heck look on our faces because the song that was playing was no other than Highway to Hell.
There we were sitting in a chapel and listening to Highway to Hell.


Never in all my trips to Festival Hill have I heard any kind of noise except at the classical concerts or the birds singing. We went outside and there was no one but when you came back inside you could feel the windows rattle and the sound extremely loud. I then remembered the rock basement underneath the chapel and we had to go see who was playing.  


Like two kids we snuck down to the basement and all we could see was a very tall man playing a electric guitar with plenty of amps. lol  He never heard us...of course and we went back upstairs. Needless to say that was the end of our writing for the day. 
We laughed about it all the way home. Can you believe Highway to Hell playing inside a chapel. 
Sorry the pictures are so dark. We never could figure how to turn on the two beautiful chandeliers. Just the candle lighting on the side walls in between the stained glass windows.


I am in love with this chapel and am looking forward to writing in it again but of course without the music. It feels good to be writing again.


We were both in awe of the sundset while driving back to the North Forty.


What a way to end a wonderful day!



Hope you have the best weekend ever! If have not noticed yet I have added a page called Temptations to my site.
Today I tried doing a button for my site but so far no luck with getting it right. Carol from Firecrackerkid Primitives whose shop is listed on Temptations sent me instructions by email and I appreciate you Carol. I will try it again later tonight. Another thing I have been trying to add to my site and it want let me nor will it go away on my dashboard is the share your post thing. I have tried everything to add those silly little things to the end of my post and nothing comes up. hahaha Yet everytime I open the dashboard up it ask me if I want to add it. Why won't it Go away!


Sweet Dreams,
Maggie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts