Thursday, February 3, 2011

One World One Heart 2011





Welcome to my site and to the famous One World One Heart 2011 Event sponsored by Lisa at A Whimsical Bohemian.
One World One Heart is a worldwide event. It gives all those who blog a chance to meet and mingle and form connections with those they may not have otherwise met from all over the world.  Lisa says to think of it as a GIGANTIC open house allowing you to travel without ever leaving your home........going from blog to blog(in various countries) seeing the wonder each one has created and meeting all the fabulous people behind all of these blogs. As a bonus each blogger who participates will offer up a "door prize or prizes"....just for dropping by, saying hello and seeing their world.  
This event is the fifth and final year. It started January 31st and ends Feb 17th. Be sure and read all about this amazing event on Lisa;s site. 
Also on her site you will find a list of all the participants. Last year I believe it was over a 1000. Not sure how many have entered this year.


Lisa ask that we introduce ourselves. So let me do that now. My name is Maggie so happy to meet you. My site is where friends come and gather to share their thoughts, hopes, prayers and dreams. We are just one big family that shares a lot of laughs and tears together.
I cherish each and everyone of my friends that come here!
Recently added a page to my site called Temptations which features artisans all over the world. I did this to help promote and support my friends and their art work.


Years ago before entering the field of Law Enforcement for over twenty years now I owned a small Ceramic Shop where I was never happier. Now I mainly write and my dream one day is to finish at least one of my adventures I have been writing and to have it published. 


I am a born and bred Texan. Not sure if that is good or bad. We do tend to brag a lot but I try to keep it to a bare minimum. Most bragging these days are about my two grandchildren but I have to say God blessed me with the three best kids any mother could have ever hoped for. My granddaughter Kaci introduced me to blogging over a year ago and once I started my little online journal I have been lucky enough to form some really lovely friendships. Hope to get to know even more friends that are enjoying this event.


I am late entering  but having wanted to enter it last year and did not and now being the last year I just had to do it.


The OWOH giveaway is open to all worldwide bloggers, so leave a comment so I can visit your blog and have a way to contact you if you win one of my prizes.
               I will announce the winners on 2/18/11  and I will post the winners on my blog.



Now for the door prizes I am offering for this event. The first prize is a Dream Journal that I put together last year before my accident. Have been wanting to do more of these but have not had the chance so this is my one and only one! The pages inside are muti colored and for you to scribble, write, doodle or draw.  The front has a little pocket with sequins inside and underneath it says....Dream Journal. Of course I had to tie the pages together with purple ribbon. Hope you like it.









This is the first page and the rest are blank colored papers.


Next I am offering a really pretty ornament that a friend of mine makes.




She is just precious and I did not capture the whole piece. Her skirt is long and she is darling. The one I have for myself I hang year round on one of my amoirs.


To win one of these all you need to do is leave a comment on this post only and you must leave me a way to contact you. OPEN to Everyone new and OLD friends! Don't be shy you can't win unless you enter.


Good luck to all and thanks for stopping by Just Between Me and You


Love to all
Maggie








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts