Friday, April 15, 2011

Back In Time!







This past week I have been distracted, lazy and somewhat lost. Do you ever have those days when it seems you just want to hide from the world? I mean the kind where you can't show up for anything. Nothing gets done, the creative juices don't flow, your cats lucky if she gets fed. hahaha


No matter how bad I get at not showing up believe Tinkerbell would not let me skip one of her meals.


So this feeling I have has even effected my blog. Should I take a break from it to like so many others or should I just bore you with my humdrum life. Is that a word humdrum?


This morning I thought it was getting close to my blog anniversary so I went back in time to my first post. It was written on Friday May 1, 2009.


With the help of copy and paste I can share this post with you today. Forgive me if you have already read it but since there were no comments I figured it is safe to say it is still a virgin post and much shorter than the ones I do now.



May 1, 2009





Sitting here now looking at the blank page I can not help but wonder why am I wanting to do a blog and what will it be about. I suppose a lot of you have had these same thoughts and understand. Honestly my seven year old granddaughter Kaci sent me an invitation to her blog and I after enjoying hers I viewed others and now here I am trying it myself. As for what will I post on my blog will be a surprise to me as well as you. Just giving my blog a name took a lot out of me so bare with me for a while and these post may start peaking your interest. A little about me. I am in what everyone calls the third age of life. Just one of many baby boomers trying to gather all the pieces of my life and figure out how I got to this third age so fast. Along the path to old age I managed to do a few things right.(Notice I said a few things) The best thing I brought to this life is my three wonderful children who are all grown now and living their own lives and not making near the mistakes I made while I was their ages. Out of my three children my middle son Clint is married with two remarkable children of his own. They call me Grandma Yellow Hair. Kaci I mentioned earlier is in the first grade and Bailey turned 5 not too long ago and goes to a pre kindergarden at a church school I live alone now except for my cat Tinkerbell and a pretty blue healer that lives on the property. I lived in town until my best friend and husband left years ago for his child hood sweetheart so now after years of trying to figure all that out I know now they deserve each other. Now I live in a 100 year old farm house surrounded by of course a white picket fence and oak trees older than the home. Having to give up my home was hard but God blessed me with finding this place to live and I am happy. Retirement age is here but I still work. I am in law enforcement and there is never a dull day at work. I work as a correctional officer at a nearby county and not a day goes by that I don't ask myself What the Heck am I doing here? Maybe the next post I will tell you about the two murderers that I have had to deal with in the last two weeks. So there you have it a little bit of myself and hope in time my post get better. Sweet dreams.....Maggie


Hope you enjoyed my very first post and now since I feel so out of it lets have some fun! It has been a long time since I made candy so it is time for another chocolate giveaway.....




What day did you start this crazy wild exciting world of blogging? Have you written faithfully or have you taken breaks from it and come back later when you could not stand not knowing what was going on with your friends?   Answer these two questions and  comment on this post and I will enter you in a drawing for some of Ms Ruby's Chocolate! You will have your pick of the fudge or the peanut clusters.






Put this giveaway on your sidebar and come back here to this post telling me how excited you are that it is on your sidebar and your entered twice.


I need my creative juices flowing and to Just Show Up again.......so maybe having this giveaway will be good for me too!
Let's end it on May 1, 2011 at midnight central standard time!
Good Luck and


Love to all
Maggie




PS.....Thanks to Marydon at Blushing Rose I have some new funnies on my Laugh Page. You can find the page under my headboard. Check them out especially the video but you will have to turn the my playlist off to hear the video. Too funny

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts