Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Lavender Farm Disappointment





Several weeks ago we heard about a Lavender Fest near our small town. They printed out neat brochures and advertised in newpapers about enjoying a day of Wine Tasting and Lavender Fields. Music, Food, Craft Booths and much more.





Let me tell you about this Lavender Hill Farm in Chappel Hill! As you can see by the picture of above there was one little field of Lavender and most of the lavender was smaller than the ones in this picture and no blooms.





To say Christi and I was disappointed is an understatement. Turns out because of our heat drought here in Texas their Lavender just was not a good crop this year. Ok we understand that so wheres the wine so we can forget about the no fields of lavender.





We walk around maybe 8 craft booths that had little to offer in the 100 degree heat and still can't find anything that looks like Wine. Oh Christi look there's a building it must be in there. Hurry lets get out of this heat. Go inside this small house and there are maybe fifty other people thinking the same thing and all it is more small items to buy and No Wine.





Turns out this Lavender/Wine Fest was held in two different spots. One at the Lavender Farm and the other at a Winery. The most fun we had out there was me flirting with the young man who drove us from our car to the craft tents in a golf cart. hahahaha  We told him we had wanted to get out there when it started at 9 am but it was already after 11. He ask us then if we partied all night causing us to over sleep. Of course we laughed and agreed that was the reason. Little did I know is I should of kept on sleeping. hahaha





Have you ever gotten your hopes up about a festival or something else and it turns out a complete flop.





If I had been this farm I would of had to cancel because of the looks of the fields. Also their advertisement was misleading because we thought like most of the others there that it was Wine and Lavender together not 15 miles apart.





We gave up and did not go to the winery in fear that I would over indulge my misery of walking around in over a 100 degrees to see nothing.





Back home Christi plays with the kittens that we have yet to find homes for. Anyone need a kitty.












 They have grown since the last time I posted about them..







Then I snapped a picture of Tinkerbell waiting for Toby to come closer so she can slap him.










She gave up on slapping Toby and laid down! Like me she is getting fat and lazy!













Tolby laid down not too far from her so when I saw his relection in the mirror I thought hey cool shot..










Bored I took randome pictures of the bedroom I am trying to redo. Here is an old bed I am thinking about painting white. Above it I am trying to arrange some art given to Grandmayellowhair by Bailey and Kaci.











Across from the bed is one of the old fireplaces in this old farm house. I so need to find a new way to decorate the mantle.







As you can see this room has a lot of angels!













Here is an old rose planter stand I bought years ago out at the Round Top/Warrenton show. Gave ten dollars for it and now I have seen them over a hundred dollars. I love keeping a big fern in this one.













Christi laid down and took a nap but if I show that picture then I would be in trouble so another time. lol





My last weekend to have Christi here. I was looking forward to showing her a good time at the Lavender Fest. She had invited one of her sweet girlfriends from Austin to come but her husband got sick at the last minute and so she canceled. Thank goodness Andrea did not drive 100 miles for this fest.





Gretchen's mom lives in Kentucky and she told me about how pretty her moms fields are of lavender so I was looking forward to seeing that. The only lavender I have is in a big big pot. Would love to know more about growing it. I do know who not to ask.





How is your day going?





Love to all


Maggie








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts