Monday, December 12, 2011

The Cowboy!



Goodness just look how close it is until Christmas. I think December is going by even faster than November. I could be in trouble if I don't get myself organized and quick.


Well I promised you my story about the cowboy so grab your coffee or hot chocolate and sit for a minute. This won't take long because it happened pretty darn fast.


As you know I live in an ole farm house out in the country. I call it the North Forty! Just a name I picked out of no where for this place.


Anyway back to my story. Usually the first thing I do in the morning is feed the cat's outside. Cute little boogers but trouble sometime....like this particular morning.


Without thinking I rushed out the door and shut it behind me. It has one of those locks on it that if you don't push a button on it before shutting your locked out. Well you know how many times I have done that so I keep a spare key outside.


I am in a hurry because this morning I had left on my pajamas thinking I had plenty of time before my neighbor the cowboy would be driving by leaving the ranch for the one next door where he works.
The minute I shut the door I knew I had done wrong and I was locked out. Wasn't worried because I knew where my spare key was hidden.


Feed the hungry little troublemakers and hurry over to spot to fetch the key. Well you guessed it. The key was not there. I wish you could of seen the dance I did trying to figure out why in the heck wasn't the key there where it was suppose to be.


Time was not on my side. I am standing there in my pajamas with my hair standing up in all directions and NO make-up. Now this ole grandma don't go anywhere without her make-up. Mainly because I care about people and subjecting them to me without it would be border line to cruel.


My first thought is to break the glass in the back door. But I just did that not too long ago and I remembered how much trouble it was for me to replace it.


The only window you can get into without breaking anything is on the second floor. I realize I will have to go find the taller ladder and bring it up to the house. I jump into the mule drive it over to the barn and load the ladder. I have no idea what time it is but I am guessing it is almost time for him to drive by. I am starting to get really nervous. Who wants to be seen in purple pj's and no make-up?


I can't carry the ladder but I can drag it. I finally get it up against the house where it feels like it is safe for me to climb.


Geezzz I was scared of falling. You know after my fall any heights scare me. Well him seeing me like that was even worse so I start the climb up. Very slowly one step at a time.


Finally I reach the window and get it open. I forgot to add it is a very small window. Not the average size window. One that was built for looks maybe but not for climbing into. Standing on the ladder I realize it was going to really hard for me to squeeze my big bod inside but I go for it.


Well I am half way inside hanging upside down with my butt and feet out the window and I hear his diesel truck outside. I am praying please Dear God let him not notice a butt hanging from my top window.


I guess that was a foolish prayer because who would not see purple big cheeks hanging out a small window.


Giving it everything I got I am trying to grab hold of something to help me pull myself in. I then hear this Honk. Then another honk.


His honking made me work harder because the next thing I knew I was lying on the second floor trying to sit up.


You know the sound a diesel truck makes. Well I could hear it out there and then I here Maggie You Okay?


I froze on the floor. I thought please just go away. Once again I here him calling my name. I raise up and stick my hand out the window like I am waving a white flag. I manage to yell I am fine!


Before I hear the truck door shut I hear him laughing. I guess he thinks his neighbor is one crazy ole lady.


Sad thing is he could be right! lol


Not much of a story but let me tell you I can just imagine the image that poor cowboy got of my big back side hanging out that little window.


Have you entered my giveaway that ends Friday. If not what are you waiting on? Get your name in the hat it is for a great $50.00 gift certificate to a awesome place to shop called Novica. Click here and enter. Don't make me send Ms Pearl after you!


Love to all
Maggie


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts