Sunday, January 1, 2012

Blessings for You!





And now let us welcome the New Year
Full of things that have never been.
                                                 -Rainer Maria Rilke


Every new year I grab my Simple Abundance book written by Sarah Ban Breathnach and dream of living a authentic life. Funny how every January 1st, I always think of all the new promises a new year holds.


This is what Ms Breathnach says about January: The month of new beginnings and cherished memories, beckons. Come, let winter weave her wondrous spell:cold, crisp, woolen-muffler days, long dark evenings of savory suppers, lively conversations, or solitary joys. Outside the temperture drops as the snow falls softly. All of nature is at peace. We should be, too. Draw hearthside. This is the month of dream, to look forward to the year ahead and the journey within.


Isn't that a wonderful way to think of the month of January? I had planned today to sit back and relax. Take the day off but instead I put on a CD that Gretchen made for me before she moved to Kentucky that always makes me want to do something creative and I have been working on the room upstairs trying to get it finished before winters end. Can't wait to show you what it is going to look like.  I am starting to really like how it is turning out.


Hope you enjoyed my friend Dr. Kathy's Blogazine post. It was the prefect way to end my year of blogging. Thank you so much Dr. Kathy for being my guest. I have another friend who sent me her story this weekend and she will be the prefect way to start my new year of Blogging. She is a Hoot does that give you a hint who she might be.


Thank you for sticking with me another year. I can not begin to tell you how much your friendship means to this ole grandma.


Looking forward to our times together in 2012. Now I must return to my project upstairs.
Sending you nothing but good Blessings for the New Year.


Love to you all
Maggie














0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts